I've also uploaded my slides from Linux Kongress 2010 to the Wiki. They are somewhat outdated, but contain a much more complete overview of the DECT stack and should provide a better picture than the OsmoDevCon slides to people not versed in wireless communication technologies.
I've uploaded my presentation slides from !OsmoDevCon2013 to the Wiki. The PDF/HTML files have been generated using MagicPoint and look about as crappy as you would expect. Enjoy :)
I've merged libnl 3.2 into the DECT libnl tree and converted libdect to the new libnl file hierarchy. Unfortunately this means libdect will currently not build against older versions of libnl, to fix this I'll probably convert the build system to automake.
Please test and report.
I've merged the latest major kernel release (v3.8) into the DECT tree. There are no changes affecting the userspace API, everything should continue to work without further changes. The current tree can be fetched at git://dect.osmocom.org/git/linux-2.6.git.
Since I'm currently traveling and don't have any hardware for testing available, please let me know whether things are still working fine for you.
Short-term plans are to finish support for the SC14452 and US-DECT during the OsmoDevCon? ...
I've merged the DECT tree with the Linux 3.5 release. Experimental support for US-DECT for the UPCS band will also be pushed out soon.
Welcome to OsmocomDECT
OsmocomDECT is an Open Source implementation of a DECT network stack, including drivers for the SC14421/14424 baseband processors. It supports operation as both the Fixed Termination (aka basestation) as well as the Portable Termination (aka telephone) side.
- Supported Hardware
- kernel -- PHL, MAC and DLC layers
- libnl? -- configuration and LLME operations
- libdect -- NWK layer
- asterisk -- Interworking Unit: DECT channel driver
- Build instructions
- Profile compliance
- Proprietary vendor protocols
The mailing list for development and user discussions regarding this project is email@example.com.
You can subscribe to this list at https://lists.osmocom.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-dect
Please provide bug reports via the mailing list instead of via trac tickets. Bugs that can't be fixed quickly will be added to the ticket system.
The source code is available in these git repositories:
- kernel: git://dect.osmocom.org/git/linux-2.6.git
- libnl: git://dect.osmocom.org/git/libnl.git
- libdect: git://dect.osmocom.org/git/libdect.git
- asterisk: git://dect.osmocom.org/git/asterisk.git
- libpcap: git://dect.osmocom.org/git/libpcap.git
- dectmon: git://dect.osmocom.org/git/dectmon.git
- asl: git://dect.osmocom.org/git/asl.git
Use git clone <URL> to clone a repository. The kernel changes are also provided in patch form under Patches.
The source code can be viewed online at http://dect.osmocom.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi.
- http://dedected.org -- deDECTed
- http://bb.osmocom.org -- Open Source GSM Baseband implementation
- http://openbsc.osmocom.org -- Open Source GSM Basestation implementation
Trac Starting Points
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.